Sunday, March 04, 2012

I've talked to a lot of people lately, several of them I haven't talked to in quite some time. My sister in Colorado, who has to have open-heart surgery to have heart valve repaired, chose a hospital close to home to have the operation done. Despite whatever I have felt with regard to her in the past, and it hasn't always been positive, I wish her nothing but the best of experiences and a speedy recovery to her jam-packed life. One of my high school buddies, who I haven't been in contact with for at least a year, called the other day and filled me in on how everything was going. Apparently his 77-year-old, Tennessee-born widower father has found love again, and been remarried for about a year and a half now. I say, good for him. I have friends who are at the other end of the marital-bliss spectrum, and I won't call them out, only hope for their future happiness. Me? I'm afloat. Not much more to be asked at this point. More details as they arise, as always.

And one more time, probably one of the all-time best car ads ever:

No comments: